Saturday, August 13, 2005

I'm Chevy Chase, and You're Not

I have no idea where he got it from, but the younger son, Oliver, has taken to lip-syncing along when people are talking. Just now my husband was telling me about how LeeAnn Chin's was bought out by another company. I don't remember why. I certainly didn't ask. But it was hard to keep a straight face during his Cliff Clavin, way too many details speech with a 4-year-old standing behind him just out of his view, pretending to talk.

Where did he ever pick this up? And he's so animated when he does it, it's hard not to laugh. Even if you were just trying to send him to his room for tormenting his brother and you really, really don't want to crack a smile. Sends the wrong message, you know.

But perhaps I shouldn't worry too much. The two of them were talking to someone else's grandmother at the park the other day and Adain was explaining at length why Johnny Depp was now his favorite actor and not Jim Carey with Oliver adding his little shout-outs.

I guess they're too young for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. But hey, Corpse Bride is out next month, as I know because I've seen the trailer about a hundred times by now.

No comments: