Thursday, May 03, 2007

My youngest is now six!

And he came home from the barber's with a faux-hawk:



It's a bit short for a faux-hawk, but he's enormously proud of it.

I installed the DVD drive in the PC yesterday, but the software that came with it does absolutely nothing unless you buy the $60 upgrade. I mean it, nothing! It won't even play the disc. So it will be just a bit longer before I can post clips here (I'm exploring options that don't involve giving money to companies that enjoy raping their consumers. What, me pissed?)

I have been doing the two-man kung fu forms with Quin again, watching them on the video to fill in the gaps in our collective memories. I remembered more than I thought I had. You can totally tell I'm starting from a non-kung fu state, though; my arms and shins are covered in little green bruises. Once I get used to blocking punches and kicks again I'll toughen up and that won't happen. It does remind me of the last time I started out, and one of my classmates at lab tech school was convinced I was being abused but couldn't think of a way to broach the subject with someone she'd just met.

Right, well, back at it. For some reason when I'm writing I keep hearing Michael Biehn's voice in my head: "Ease up! You're just grinding metal!" I'm sure it doesn't mean anything...

No comments: