Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's so cold even I think this sucks...

Although we got to do the throw a pan of boiling water up in the air and watch it all freeze in a cloud of snow before it even hits the ground thing. Twice, because it was so cool to watch the first time.

I'm reminded of all the stories I've read of polar explorers freezing to death. You don't decide to stop trying to live, you stopping making the decision every second to keep going. It's about that cold out there now. Lucky for me I have a nice warm house to go back into.

On a different note, I have two end of month wrap-up posts I'm working on. I'll still be talking about what I've read (not much this month, my return from zombieland was not as complete as I had initially thought. Getting sick will do that to you. My ears still just ache all day long; very annoying). A day or two later I'll post all the movies I watched in January. Well, watched for the first time; I have some things I re-watch a lot. January was a bumper month for movies; we got a lot of gift cards and cash for Christmas which we used to buy a monster stack of movies, and I still had a ton of Hindi movies I bought from Eros just after Thanksgiving and never had a chance to watch until after New Year's. So that first movie post will be a doozy. But if there is anything I like to talk about more than books it's movies, and I've seen some cool things.

No comments: