Thursday, April 03, 2008

Man!

Worked a bunch of overtime. Didn't even quite get that nice pay check in my hands before I had cause to spend it. Our oldest cat almost cacked last week. Many expensive little adjustments later he is doing much better (even bathing himself; he hasn't done that in months!). But he will be on thyroid medicine for the rest of his days and the vet recommended he only eat soft food (so he has to be separated from the others when he eats, because they have no qualms about knocking an old man aside and taking his tasty gravy-soaked meal).

I spent every spare minute I could find last week polishing up an old piece so I could have something to send to Writers of the Future by the 03/31 deadline. Then Monday came with lots and lots of sticky wet snow. I waited for my husband to get home from work with the car then tore off to the post office. But too late; I missed the last pick up of the night and my entry will have a 4/01 postmark. *sigh*. Well at least I have a nicely polished story already in for next quarter.

I have half-finished book and movie posts for March I'll be getting to soon, plus another about homeschooling and Heinlein. So hopefully that means you'll be hearing from me a bit more in April than in the last few months. Hopefully.

On an unrelated note, apparently African frogs don't like goldfish. Or more correctly, they like them a touch too much. (File under things which weren't my idea. My husband thought the tank would stay cleaner with goldfish in it. I was dubious, more animals would surely mean more mess not less, but since the first fish looked like this the morning after we put him in the tank, and the second fish got it on day 2, we'll never know...)


No comments: