Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A very big sale

Beneath Ceaseless Skies just bought my short story "Oil Fire". It's a new market so it doesn't qualify me for SFWA just yet, but they pay pro-rates and I'll have my story up there with the likes of Charles Coleman Finlay, Marie Brennan and K.D. Wentworth. How geeked am I? (Answer: very).

"Oil Fire" is one of my favorite things I've written and I'm very pleased it's found a home.

(Of course I'm also a bit geeked because some nice young men in a yellow truck delivered my groceries this morning. After three months of going out and getting them on my own it's so nice to have them brought to my door again, and just in time for winter. Which is apparently the response they've been getting from everyone, not just time-crunched writers).

2 comments:

Loberto said...

Congratulations!!

Awesome news. I look forward to reading your story.

Next up: sell a novel, eh?

Kate said...

Thanks!

Sell a novel? Here's hoping! I'll probably be on that mission come January. Hope my good luck holds...