Monday, February 08, 2010

What I did on my week's vacation

1. Had three not-really-moles removed with liquid nitrogen by a dermatologist who actually explained what these things are, why I always get them, and more importantly that they are always benign (and how to tell when I'm looking at something else). New dermatologist, he's a little bit the bomb, you know?

2. Did taxes, first year with writing income. I think without the internet and some very specifically worded Googling TurboTax would have kept me running in circles forever.

3. Reinstalled the operating system and all the software on the upstairs computer, found it still acting wonky in suspicious ways and did it all over again four days later. Man, that makes two long, long days of watching progress bars move so I can be there to click the OK button. Seems fine now, but it's starting to show its age. New computer, pretty low on the list of things I can afford to spring for at the moment, though.

4. Cleaned the house in the moving all the heavy furniture way. Including the boys' rooms. Mom goes through and pulls everything apart, digging detritus out of every nook and cranny, then they get to sort through the resulting pile in the center of the room and figure out what's going to be kept, what's going to charity, and what's just garbage.

5. I also got to watch a few more of my birthday movies (although I still have a few left to go), and I got to go out to an Indian restaurant and talk to grown ups for nearly three hours. Ah, bliss!

What I didn't do on my week's vacation:

Write. Because random notes of what I want to change don't count (even if there are pages and pages of them. Thinking and writing are related, but not the same thing).

And now it's back to work.

No comments: