Sunday, June 04, 2006

Short post on basketball


In one of Douglas Adam's novels there was a man that had rain clouds follow him everywhere he went. Vacation destinations paid him to stay away.


I think someone should pay me to not root for their teams.

It's been fun to watch the games (although I've only been able to catch parts of a few of them and most not at all; too many things to do). Basketball played really well is so much more gratifying to watch than the way the Timberwolves have been doing it the last two years. But Phoenix is out of it now, and so is Detroit, whom I was also bucking for (but I do think Flip Saunders proved that he wasn't the problem with our team last year).

So that leaves Dallas and Miami. I was despondent. Then Quin pointed out that a Miami win would mean Shaq getting a champion ring with his new team before Kobe's managed to do it with his Shaq-less Lakers. So I'm bucking for Miami, just to stick it to Kobe. See what happens when you force out all the other top-notch players on your team so you can be the only star? You lose the play-offs. On account of it being a team sport and all. Plus I just like Shaq; he seems so personable.

Go Miami! And I hope I didn't just curse you...

No comments: