Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's see how this goes

This week I have school but no work, and next week I have work but no school (this is as close as I get to actual time off unless I'm leaving town, in which case I'm not writing). I polished off my outline over the weekend and I'm ready to start from word 0 today. My goal is to write at least 10,000 words this week and 10,000 more next week to give myself a nice headstart before August, when I'm back to working and schooling both. So here's my handy little progress meter:



And I'll be updating it on Friday.

In the meantime, a little music. I already posted the song that inspired me to use MITWA as a working title, but any word meaning dear friend or beloved is going to come up in lots of songs. Here's my second favorite, "Yeh Mausam Ka Jadoo Hai, Mitwa" from the movie Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. I can't embed it here, perhaps because the movie producers are the ones who put it up on Youtube (so it's probably legal - cool! You think the resolution would be better when it's official, though). Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EMOEjA6UMsQ. This was the first thing I saw Madhuri Dixit in, and about my fifth or sixth Salman Khan movie. One of my favorites to let run in the background when I'm doing other stuff, the songs are all so singable.

OK, first school and then MITWA. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Loberto said...

Good luck and copious writing!