Thursday, October 20, 2005

Faulty analogy?

Have you ever seen the movie The Fifth Element? Well, you should. But aside from that, in this movie Chris Tucker wears a dress. Now the director had a sense that if he just asked Chris Tucker to wear a dress, the actor would say no. So he had the costume designer draw up some really outrageous, out-there designs. When Chris Tucker flipped out, the director pulled out the original designs, much tamer by comparison. That's how you get Chris Tucker in a dress.

This story has come to mind everytime I read a story about Harriet Miers. My Pollyanna nature likes to think the best of all people, but I'm starting to feel like someone is pulling a prank here. He can't honestly think she is the best he can find for that job. But maybe I'm wrong about her. But maybe I'm right, 'cause you know I'm the freak that doesn't think Tom Cruise and Angelina Jolie are as nuts as they act (hello, people, they're actors!).

Anyway, it's some final polishing to Full Circle today and then back to the novel. Which I'm calling Hammer and Snowflake, but if you must you can think of it as "Vikings in Space".

1 comment:

Kate said...

Please, this from the man you didn't like Serenity. Besides, how could a big Luke Perry fan like you not dig the Fifth Element? It was much better than Stargate, you gotta at least give me that.