Friday, January 27, 2006

What's that sound?

It's the sound of my heart breaking. Kevin McHale just traded away my Wally. He went in a package to the Boston Celtics with Michael Olowokandi (the only good news part of this), Dwayne Jones, and a future first-round selection. In return we get Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Justin Reed, Marcus Blanks, and two second-round selections.

What a genius plan! We need a third shooter to win. So what does our VP do? He trades our second shooter (who is frequently the first shooter) for a bunch of defensive players. Yeah, that'll work.

This is probably good news for Wally. Boston is a lot closer to his home (New York), and I wouldn't be surprised if big things didn't happen for him in Boston. But it sucks for us. I don't see good things coming to us out of this.

And now I need a new jersey...

No comments: