Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hooray for KG and Sam!

I was hoping they would win on Sunday, as it was the only game I actually got to watch, but it's cooler winning on your home court. I do keep my other office computer on ESPN.com so I can glance at the score from time to time; the outcome of this match was never in question (and I was kinda hoping they'd beat the Lakers by 50, but 40 is still humiliating enough.

I timed my break with the last few minutes of the game so I could see when they won, and my husband gave me a hard time because yes indeed I had tears in my eyes when Kevin was too overcome to talk to the reporter. Especially with the tough game he had on Sunday, he went out there last night and earned this win. And that grin on Sam Cassell's face was priceless. (My husband gets irritated by the sports commentators always calling Sam an "old man", as they are nearly the same age. But as I pointed out, it's all relative. If Sam were a senator, they'd be calling him a young punk).

I'm glad the Celtics won it. Having followed them in addition to (and near the end of the season, instead of) the T-wolves, I've become a real Paul Pierce and Ray Allen fan. And they have so many good bench players as well. Frankly, Kobe and his background boys got beat by a team.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Being a Minnesotan, I was also happy to see Garnett finally get the trophy he so richly deserves. Earlier this year, I had hoped the Pats would win so that Moss would have a championship, but twas not to be, not this year, anyway.