Monday, June 02, 2008

So, we had some hail on Saturday

It was thick as snow on the ground, and the whole neighborhood smelled of wounded trees. Both of our cars got dinged up, not to mention the house (the insurance guys will be looking it all over later this week).

Thick as snow:


Rather freakin' huge:


And did quite a number on the leaves in our whole neighborhood (and a few trees lost whole limbs). Then everything started steaming:


By the time I got home it was sunset, and when I went out back to survey the damage to my garden (*sob*) it was very foggy. (Quin took these pictures shortly after the hail stopped, when it was just a touch foggy. I should have taken some pictures of my own, the light was really cool when I was walking back there).

So I'll have to go back to the garden store and buy more plants. My tomatoes and peppers are a wash, although some of the more expensive perennials I had just put in the ground seem like they might make it.

The hostas got pulped pretty good, and it looks like my rosemary plant jumped straight out of its pot:


No comments: