Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Because it helps to have a goal

Using Dr. Horrible as a motivation tool was pretty crucial in getting the first draft of MITWA down so quickly. I think I need something similar to get the revisions done. I mean, I took a week off of work at the beginning of the month to get started, and I did fuss with it a bit, but mostly I slept 12 hours a day instead. (It's OK, I really needed it).

So. After re-watching seasons 1-3 of Lost, I think season 4 might make a nice reward. Easy to dole out in small segments, but they all join together with lots of cliffhanger endings so it should keep my driven. Of course season 4 is the season that was smited by the writer's strike, and it's possible the ending was trashed as badly as Heroes was. (I've been diligently steering clear of spoilers, which means I don't really have any idea of how well liked the season was by other fans, because with a show like Lost, any discourse is a spoiler).

Well, I'm going to give it a try. 14 episodes to be sprinkled over revising 24 chapters. I know I'm going to need to add 1 or 2 more chapters, so the math here is going to get confusing. Wish me luck!

No comments: