Thursday, March 05, 2009

So, been sick...

... as those of you on Myspace or Facebook already know. Haven't been that sick in ages. It started as one thing and then became one or two others; that's all I'm gonna say. I had to get out of bed yesterday because our new furnace/air conditioner/water heater were all installed, but I wasn't exactly lucid; I kept conking out on the couch and the installers would have to wake me up to ask me questions or show me things. (One of them said to Oliver "Your mom sure is sleepy!" to which he said... nothing, because the boy won't talk to strangers unless he's trying to out-talk his brother). And when I went downstairs to look over the finished work, my very addled brain came up with "shiny" as my only comment. And I think they thought I was talking about the lustre when I'm pretty sure my brain was talking Firefly-speak. Heck, I was so out of it I probably was just finding it, you know, shiny.

So no writing done on my week of school break, and most of this week's school was a wash as well. We kept up on math and that's about it. And my movie and book posts will be unusually short as well; I really was quite out of it the last half of February. When I wasn't just flat-out asleep I couldn't handle anything more complex than music DVDs. So it's cool that I have a ton of those. For instance, can you believe this concert was already a decade ago?

I would love to see an NSYNC reunion tour (with CD of new material as well, please). They put on such a show. And you know, they take their work seriously but never themselves, and there's something to be said for that.

And that's not just the fever hangover talking...

No comments: