Sunday, May 29, 2005

Women should be seen but not heard, even when they're Jedi (apparently)

Sadly, I have to correct something I said earlier. I was so happy that Lucas had come up with cool female Jedi, but my husband just saw Ep. III and reports there is no Shaak Ti, no Luminara Unduli, no Aayla Secura. Some women stand around in crowd scenes, but they don't talk and they certainly don't kick butt. I guess Kit Fisto and Ki-Adi Mundi aren't there either, so it's not just the women.

At any rate, credit for cool Jedi women probably goes to Genndy Tartakovksy (whom I already love for Samurai Jack) who seems to have come up with great characters out of a collection of Jedi standing in the background at the end of Ep. II when he made the Clone Wars cartoons. It's just as well, that's as much of Ep. III as my boys will be seeing for a few more years anyway.

No comments: