Monday, March 06, 2006

My son, the android



Aidan was spinning in circles last night and then complaining of feeling dizzy. Oliver advised him to "just lower his dizziness levels. That's what I do!" Umm, OK. And this was before we let them stay up late to watch Futurama with us. It was the one with Beck in it, so Oliver was enraptured. They had to get to bed before Boondocks, however, even though it was the episode with "Mace Windu" (Sam Jackson). It's hilarious; he plays a son of a congressman/wigger and has a monologue combining his "say what again" speech from Pulp Fiction with Rumsfield's knowns/unknowns speech that's quite brilliant. But there's a reason they play this show on Adult Swim.

The bigger news is Oliver got a haircut, or half of one anyway. It happened while I was working. Apparently he had caked his hair with food one too many times for Dad, who cut him some bangs and then stopped. Quin says he was going for Dutch Boy, but I see Willy Wonka. Which I probably shouldn't have said out loud, because now Oliver wants to keep it that way. I'm not sure if that was why he was wearing a dress shirt and tie when I got up this morning; some things are just inexplicable.

Aidan also got a hair cut, but since he always wants his hair short, the results are somewhat less dramatic:



No comments: