Friday, March 24, 2006

Yet another Timberwolves post

On Tuesday I got to go to my second ever live Timberwolves game. This went much better than last year, although watching a 14 point lead dwindle away to nothing and having not one but two cliffhanger endings (the ref set the clock back 0.9 seconds after it ran down the first time because someone fouled Kevin Garnett) made for a high pressure evening all the same. I'm still liking Ricky Davis, he has a real flair to his play, but to be honest I think that individually the whole team is there. Reed, Blount, and Banks are playing better for us than they ever did for Boston, Rashad McCants is showing potential, and Marko Jaric still makes sweet steals when they let him play. Yes, they are there as individuals, but they are not there as a team. I think the reason we keep hosing things up in the final seconds is that the guys just don't know each other well enough; they don't gel like they should.

So I would say this year is a wash (mathematically we haven't been eliminated yet, but come on), but next year... Next year will be our year. Give these guys an off-season to gel and they've got it.

I'm not betting money on this, though. I'm an optimist/realist.

No comments: