Monday, August 18, 2008

On the one hand, this is the creepiest gift I've ever been given...

... on the other hand, I really like it. It's been a bit frustrating around here, not being able to find more than 5 minutes to write between 8 a.m. and 1 a.m. I've been... frustrated. Palpably frustrated. So on Friday Quin brought this home for me:


Yep, that's Mola Ram from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, bleeding heart in hand. Creepy and cute, not a common mix. I have a think for dolls from movies, in case you didn't know. I actually have too many to have out at one time, so they have rotating shifts guarding my books. Mola Ram has the current dream spot, next to Raven from Teen Titans in front of Gibson and Scalzi.

My original goal for Friday was 27,500, but I'm kicking it up a notch and setting it to 30,000. I'm not sure if I can do it, especially as part of this week's work will involve rewriting Chapter One before I submit it to my critique goup, which will be a quality and not quantity move, but I feel inclined to try for a more Phelpsian goal this week. Wish me luck!



No comments: