Tuesday, July 05, 2005

11 Days to Go

On Friday I started re-reading Order of the Phoenix. I was figuring it would take me most of the two weeks before HPB to read it, but I blew through it over the weekend (granted it was a long weekend). So now I'm just waiting and wondering. I haven't heard many advanced hinting on this one compared to OOP, and I freely admit I have no idea who the Halfblood Prince is. I suspect it isn't anyone we've met yet. I suspect Harry will be Quidditch captain. That's the only prediction I can make.

OOP is my favorite Harry Potter book so far. I'm partial to long books, especially long books like this one that don't feel the need to go over and over the same territory (that means you, Robert Jordan). Neville Longbottom has been my favorite character since the first book, and I was happy to see he had a much more prominent role to play in OOP; I hope he doesn't disappear again. But for me, Fred and George made the book.

So now I have nearly two weeks to kill. I suppose I could get some writing of my own done. The second draft calls...

No comments: