Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Wee Bit More Live 8

I didn’t stop watching after a-ha. I saw Pet Shop Boys playing from Moscow; that was pretty cool. They did “Go West”. I guess they're the only band playing in Moscow. I'm not sure what even happened to Tokyo. For a PSB live show it was pretty sedate; they usually do impressive, operatic things (Neil in an electric chair is a memorable image from Performance).

I don’t know what I was seeing in Rome. It looked like a hill-billy trucker rapping in Italian. ??

Sting seemed to be sticking to old Police songs, but he redid the lyrics to “Every Breath You Take” to address the world leaders. I didn’t catch most of it (I always have a hard time understanding the words of songs on the first go-round), but I liked “Every smile you fake, we’ll be watching you.”

Robbie Williams was fun, even though I don’t really know his songs. He has enough personality for two people, I swear.

Then there was the Who, another one of my faves (this concert is a lot like the random mix of my iTunes, only without Shonen Knife). They’re looking really old, but still rock like they're kids.

The Cure looks older than the Who.

No comments: