Friday, September 09, 2005

Addendum to previous post

As it turns out, the service station guys replaced the wrong tire. I drove all the way home on that madly hissing iffy tire and didn't even realize it. In a way I had sort of noticed, because the completely wrecked tire was gone from the back of the car, and the new Dunlop tire was on the front. I mean, I looked at it before I got in the car to drove home and noticed this and was feeling stupid because I thought I really should understand why they had to swap all the tires around, like this was something normal people know and are not confused by. When we got home I looked again, but had that same confused, I wish I wasn't so dumb about cars feeling.

It never occurred to me that the tire guys had apparently not been listening to me when I explained what I needed done and just did the most obvious thing. Perhaps I should be been clearer. Passenger, rear seems pretty clear. At any rate, by the time Quin got home it was completely flat. He doesn't trust anything, not the job the tire guys did or my word that I didn't hear anything clanging across the bottom of the car, so on Monday he's going to have it towed to the Subaru dealership to get it thoroughly looked over. It needed its first routine maintenance visit anyway.

So we're back to one car for the next few days. I went a year without leaving the house during the day, but just today - and it's not like I had anywhere to go - I felt really trapped. Still, it's not like my house just got washed away or anything. Trying to keep it in perspective.

No comments: