Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Random Musings

So The Corpse Bride is out on Friday. The boys are very excited; they've been watching trailer at Apple QuickTime for months. I asked Oliver last night whether he thought it might be too scary for him. He said, "Well, the Corpse Bride has an eyeball that just pops right out of her head!"
"Is that too scary for you?"
"It makes my guts hurt."
"Is that scary?"
"No! It's funny!"
He really likes The Nightmare Before Christmas so I'm sure he'll be okay. He's hugely interested in vampires, but that's the only movie we have with vampires in it that he can see. I'm not even really sure how he found out what a vampire is; I only showed him The Nightmare Before Christmas because he was already talking about them. He has a Lego minifigure vampire; maybe it came from that. I know when his brother was building the Empire State Building out of Legos, he was calling it the "Vampire State Building", mostly because it irritated his brother to no end.


On a completely unrelated note, I've been mucking about with some of the features on this blog. I figured out how to put a picture on the top, and once I get an actual photo of me I like I'll put it up there. I kind of like the South Park me, but the colors clash with the rest of the page. Also, I figured out how to add links on the side, but since my blog template didn't have that feature I had to put it in the HTML myself. Intimidating. Yet exhilirating. I love that feeling of "Wow! I almost know what I'm doing!" I can't get the script to match, but I'm not done noodling around yet.

No comments: