Sunday, September 18, 2005

Writing Update

I finished the story for WOTF, formerly referrred to as the "weird" story, now officially called Seagull and Raven. It was my first official submission to the only crit group I joined recently. Up until this point, I've only had one person reading my stuff (thanks, Jenny!). She still reads, but I wanted to try getting more opinions. Also I'll be reading other people's stuff and critting them, which I understand is very helpful with your own writing. I posted the story Friday night and by Sunday morning I already had three really good, well thought out crits, so this is pretty cool. This is the first time I've gotten opinions from complete strangers who aren't familiar with me or my style, so that was interesting as well, seeing what comes across strongly.

I was going to let it sit for a few days before revising anyway, but now I'll have to as I realized that this is the week that Anansi Boys comes out. I undersand it's shorter than American Gods, but I know I won't be doing anything else until I've finished that book.

No comments: